Monday 6 February 2012

Liebster Blog Award Nominees


An extra special post and an extra special day. My Valentine's come early.

This very special  post is a radiant thank you to children's author Carol A.Bender for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award. 

I met Carol through the wonderful Mother Reader challenge which introduced me to so many talented writers and artists.

I love her blog and its wonderful photos at carolbenderauthor.blogspot.com and there's another plus. She's a bird fan too. Her hens look almost exactly like my chickies--rescued battery hens.





British Hen Welfare Trust rescued battery hens


Check out her books on Amazon (Picky Eater, That Peter has consistent five star reviews).  




What is the Liebster Blog Award?
 
Legend has it  that The Liebster Blog Award originated in Germany.  Liebster means dearest or beloved, and Liebe is love. The award is meant to encourage readership of small, lovable blogs with fewer than 200 followers.



And it's so lovely to feel lovable. It made my day.

In accepting the Liebster Blog Award, the recipient agrees to:


*Thank the person who gave them the award and link back to that person’s blog--yay! thanks Carol. I'm so honored.


*Copy and paste the award to their blog--done and I'll be moving it to a permanent place high on my sidebar too.


*Reveal five snippets about themselves that readers may not already know: aaargh. There had to be a catch.


Okay here goes:
  1. I am addicted to eating clementines
  2. I am a deadline junkie as everyone I work with knows. But then, they don't read my blog and don't know how lovable I am.
  3. I love blue skies, mystery novels and robins
  4. My feet do a happy dance every time a new follower joins my blog
  5. Favorite shopping challenge: calculating the change I'm due before the cash machine does it. Quiet whisper: I like lists and counting.

*Reveal the five blogs they have chosen to receive the award, commenting on their blog to break the news! To qualify, the blog must have fewer than 200 followers.


*Hope those people in turn pay it forward by accepting and awarding “The Liebster Blog Award” to bloggers they would like to honor.





My Liebster Blog Award Nominees

Now this was truly difficult. So many wonderful bloggers but some have too many followers to qualify and with others I just guessed that they had. Miranda Paul already has an award. Others I hoped to include had no blog. Can you conceive it! No blog! LOL

My blog winners are all writers, published and fairly well known (one day everyone will know their names!) and they are: 




Wendy Laharnar 
children's and YA author: 3rd place YA fiction in P& E readers' poll 

Alice M Roelke :
sci-fi and fantasy author. Look out for Watch Over Me this year.

Viviane Brentanos   
 romance author: first place for romance fiction in P& E readers' poll  

NancyFamolari 
mystery novelist with helpful writing tips blog


Jane Richardson


Scottish author.

5 comments:

  1. How lovely! Thank you - I'm passing it on today, too.

    Clementines, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well deserved. :-)
    Surprised you didn't know Scotland is full of clementine groves...make s lovely contrast to the raspberry canes and potato patches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Annie,
    I'd nominate you. Is that allowed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe lovely thought but don't think it's entirely ethical. ROFL

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment here: